Here are the highlights from the past week, and what’s coming up. I have so much to tell you!
5th Grade Tools
- Google Classroom - This is a place students will have assignments posted and in some cases, will turn in assignments. I will sending an invitation link to parents next week, which will allow you to follow along. The students can log in and show you too!
- Seesaw - This is a place where parents can follow along with student work. I will be sending the invitation link soon.
- Educate - This is the place where you can check your child’s grades. There will be an informational email coming and your username and password. I promise there’s nothing to see there now. :)
- We got started with lots of discussion about our service projects. All the information, including due dates can be found HERE - First due date is August 31st.
- Next week starts memory work. Week one is officially assigned on Monday and is due on Monday August 27th. Memory work is said at home, and then parents can email, text, or send in a note that it is finished. Please make sure to let me know what week has just been finished.
- Week 1 memory is John 1:14 and 1 John 1:3 and Almighty Father Bless the Word
- We got started with regular math lessons this week. Typically there will be one a day.
- Math Assignments can be found on the MATH MENU
- Assignments are always due the next day, unless noted on the math menu.
- There will be a quiz on Wednesday, over the first five lessons.
- Parents - remember the rule of 3 Before ME
- Check the book for similar examples
- Check your notes for any extra help
- TRY IT!
7th Grade Social Studies
Welcome to 7th grade social studies! Each week I’ll be sending out an update for all my classes. Here are some highlights from the (short) first week.
- Here is the 7th Grade Social Studies Syllabus. It explains a little about the class and what we’ll be studying this year.
- We looked at the 5 themes of Geography and how they relate to the United States and CCLS.
- Students got their first map work of the year. The assignment can be found in their Google classroom page.
- First map test (USA states and capitals and some features) is also in Google Classroom. It is scheduled for August 30th (A Day History and 31st (B Day History).
- I will be sending an invitation link to Google Classroom next week. It will allow you to sign up for email updates, if you want, of all the assignments assigned in Google Classroom.
Blessings on your week!