- Parent Teacher Conferences are this week. If you did not sign up, you can still come in and talk. Conferences last 15 minutes. There will be a sign up sheet outside my door. It will be first come, first serve.
5th SERVICE PROJECTS
- 2nd quarter service project plans are due Wednesday, October 25th. This quarter families can email me their plan for service. Again, this is just a plan for the quarter. I sent an email earlier this week with the list of service project ideas.
- This week we looked at God saving and Moses and the self-sacrifice Moses’ mother showed in the story. The students did a great job of discussing the sacrifices they make AND those made by others in their life for them.
- This coming week we’ll look at God calling Moses and how God calls us to do certain jobs.
- The 3rd Commandment and its meaning is due Monday, October 22nd.
- This coming week’s memory is the 4th commandment and its meaning. Don't’ forget to read through or sing the songs as well.
- This is a LIST OF ALL THE SONGS for memory. You can listen to the song for the week.
- Math tests from Tuesday are finally in. (Report cards took precedent last week.)
- The lessons and ultimately the tests are getting harder. Students will really need to focus on improving their math skills and the processes.
7th SOCIAL STUDIES
- We continued our study of Islam this week with a look at the Crusades. Students in A block took a quiz over the material on Friday. They were rough to say the least. (B Block make sure you are studying. Yours is Monday, 10/22) It is early enough in the quarter, there will be plenty of time to recover.
- Students also got their final project for Islam assigned. It is a song rewriting project. All requirements can be found in Google Classroom. (Scoring guide coming) This will go in as a test grade.
- Also, later this week students will go on a pilgrimage. Watch Twitter for updates.
Blessings on your week.