- The service project plan is due next Friday, August 30th. This is simply a signed piece of paper that has the student describe what he/she is planning to do for their service hours this quarter.
- You can find that service project plan HERE. (Download the Service Project Plan form)
- We looked at integrity and God’s creation this week.
- Next week we will be focusing on the fall of Adam and Eve
- Week 1 memory is due on MONDAY, AUGUST 27th
- Week 2 memory ( Romans 3:23 and Matthew 5:48 and Salvation Unto Us has Come) is next week’s assignment.
- Students took their first quiz of the year using a site called Go Formative. I will be using this alot to check understanding and provide feedback about math skills.
- First test!!!!! Next week we will take the first math test of the year. Students will get a pretest on Wednesday. We will go over all the answers on Thursday and the test is FRIDAY, AUGUST 31st.
- Friday will also be the first notebook check of the year.
- MATH GRADING EXPLANATION - as papers start to come home, my grading system can be a little confusing. Please see the bolded section of THIS DOCUMENT for a written explanation. I will also be talking about this at Taste of Middle School Night on September 4th.
- Xtramath - next week the students will have xtramath as an assignment. They are to complete 5 days of practice. This is intended to be daily (about 5 minutes) practice of their multiplication tables. They should know how to get in and how to get credit for the day.
7th Social Studies
- This past week we started preparing for the first map test of the year. Block 1 (A-days) will have their test on Thursday (8/30) and Block 4 (B-days) will have theirs on Friday, August 31st.
- Students can prepare using quizlet, their maps, or the other websites shared with them.
- We also started our Rome unit this week with a breakout. Congrats to Block 4 students who opened 1 more lock than Block 1 did.
- Next week we’ll have a going away party for Rome. Make sure to bring your present! (Details will be in classroom)
Have a blessed weekend.