- This Thursday the 5th grade will take a field trip to Lutheran South to watch a their performance of “Once Upon a Mattress.”
- Speaking of field trips - mark you calendars for our end of the year field trips. On May 15, 16 and 17 the 5th graders will ta
- ke one day field trips. On Wednesday we will go to Springfield, Illinois. Thursday we will go to the Arch and Busch Stadium Museum. Then on we will go to the the Civil War Museum and Jefferson Barracks cemetery tour. Parents are welcome to come any of the days. Watch for more information and sign ups coming soon!
- Students will be taking achievement tests the week of April 15th. We are moving to a new test and format this year. We will be using the IOWA Basic Skills Test and doing them online! Mr. Vann is furiously working to make sure this is all ready. There will undoubtedly be glitches. STUDENTS MUST HAVE A CHARGED CHROMEBOOK EACH DAY! That will be a big challenge/responsibility for the students.
- No school on Friday, April 19 and Monday, April 22.
- Memory week 27 (Baptism pt. 1) is due TODAY (Monday 4/8)
- Memory week 28 (Baptism pt. 2) is due next Monday, April 15.
- We have already started our look at Holy Week and the death and resurrection of Christ. Students looked at prophecies about Jesus’ death and then some of the context and back story surrounding Judas.
- This coming week we will be look at each day of holy week and the lessons we can learn from them.
- Prodigy next week - Prodigy is back! Students will be required to complete a set of Prodigy problems by the end of the week. Time will be given in class, but outside times will need to be used as well. Students will be completing a set of problems similar to those found on the upcoming achievement tests.
- Today, (Monday, 4/8) students will get a pretest with all the answers on it! They will be required to fill in the work and the “how to solve” information. Regular test is Tuesday.
- We have also been working on achievement test practice.
Blessings on your week.