- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR CANDIDATE VISITS - Please keep CCLS and the call the committee in your prayers as we search for the next Executive Director of CCLS. We have candidates visiting this week and next.
- This week in CFP we looked at the parting of the Red Sea. We talked about the courage it would have taken to be part of this story and how we can have courage in our lives.
- Next week we’ll start our study of advent and Christ’s birth.
- DISCIPLESHIP PROJECT DUE - on Tuesday students need to have 10 Toony Tool pictures created. This is a new website we used this week to examine the 10 Commandments. On Tuesday we will put those into a Google Slides presentation and reflect on them using Seesaw.
5th SERVICE PROJECTS
- Don’t forget service hours and the reflection write up are due on December 14th. The service project write up Google form is up in Classroom if the hours have been completed.
- Students had a math test this week. It should be graded and in Educate over the weekend.
- We also took a benchmark assessment this week. This is my last bit of data to go through, before I split the math classes. Watch for more information coming home next week about this split, which will take place at the beginning of 3rd quarter.
- This week students also started working with Prodigy Math. This is a math/game site that helps the students with more practice of math skills. I will be dictating what types of problems the students work on while using it. They will be assigned a certain number of problems to complete over the course of the week. They were given the CLEAR EXPECTATION that this is not to interfere with their school work and should not be a distraction here at school. If it does become “a thing” they will not be allowed to play here at school.
7th SOCIAL STUDIES
- This week students took a quiz over chapter 11. Those should be graded and in Educate over the weekend.
- Students are preparing dramatic performances of African folk tales.
- Next week we’ll move into Chapter 12. There will be a quiz over this chapter the following week.
- We also did a our preliminary rounds of the Geography Bee. We had one tie breaker to see who got in, but now - SURPRISE - we have to have another one next week Monday. Stay tuned to see who is finally in the Geography Bee next week. The Geo Bee itself is on Monday, December 10th, at 1:45. Parents are welcome.
Have a blessed weekend.