- Don’t forget the Carnival THIS WEEKEND at Lutheran South - 9/28 and 9/29. Mr. Akerson might be in the dunk tank at noon on Saturday….
- Mrs. Brown and I were EXTREMELY proud of the 5th graders and their behavior on our field trip this week! Thanks to all the parents that were able to go. That was a lot of steps!
5th SERVICE PROJECTS
- Service project reflections are DUE NEXT FRIDAY. Students need to go to GOOGLE CLASSROOM and complete the 3 question Google Form once they have completed their 2 hours of service.
- This week we focused on Jacob wrestling with God and the courage he showed. In class we discussed how students need courage to do the right thing when everyone is doing the wrong thing.
- Next week we will look at the story of Joseph being sold by his brothers.
- Next week’s memory is the 1st commandment and its meaning.
- The song to listen to is Lift High the Cross again. (vs. 3, 4 and 5)
- This is a LIST OF ALL THE SONGS for memory. You can listen to the song for the week.
- Students worked through a Pirate Challenge this week about fractions. I was proud of how they started to THINK about the fractions and how they work. Some pretty cool treasures chests were built! Pirate challenge work is due Monday. I want the students to TRY IT on their own. It is a completion grade.
- The students last math test was GREAT! The average score was a 37.7 in BOTH CLASSES! So awesome! Keep working hard.
- Next week we’ll have test #4.
7th SOCIAL STUDIES
- This week we started our unit on Islam.
- We had a guest speaker today, (Friday, 9/28) Mrs. Hacking talked all about what it means to be a Muslim.
- Next week we’ll get into the first chapter in the book, with a trading simulation game.
- Block 1 (A days) has their map work due on Monday. Block 4 (B days) map work will be assigned Tuesday. Map test will be Tuesday October 9 and Wednesday October 10.
Have a blessed weekend.