- Great job 5th Grade with your music review. It was awesome to see all the hard work pay off in a great performance.
- Today (Friday, March 8th) ends 3rd quarter. Service projects, late work, memory are all due.
- Next week we do our annual mini-courses. It is a great week of “extra” fun and learning. Thank you to Mrs. Jokerst for the tremendous amount of work that goes into finding people to teach, placing all the middle school students into a class and more!
- Ask a 5th grader about the game changing chart we found this week!
- One more test before Spring break. It will be on Thursday of next week.
- This past week we focused on two major lessons outside our normal CFP curriculum. The first was a brief bible study on Nehemiah 4, focusing on discouragement. It was meant to help the 5th graders focus and finish strong. Next we looked at the dual nature of Christ - True God AND True Man.
- Next week we’ll start our Lent bible study leading up to holy week. We’ll be using the R.O.A.D. bible study method. Ask a 5th grader what that is later in the week.
- Service projects are coming due on March 8th!!! The service project reflection form is up in Google Classroom when the students finish.
- Week 25 - 2nd Article and its meaning (memorized) and Beautiful Savior (sung or read) is due Monday, March 11th. This will also be the last memory of 3rd quarter.
7th Grade SOCIAL STUDIES
- We are in the middle of our Japan unit.
- Next week students will have a breakout all about Japan, intended to find out what they learned about the countries that influenced Japan.
- There will be a unit test on Japan. It will cover material in 2 chapters. This will be after spring break.
- Looking forward to a great fourth quarter of learning about the Ancient Americans and getting back into Europe for the Renaissance, Reformation and Scientific Revolution.
Have a great weekend.